Self Esteem For Young Girls by Debra Gano

Debra Gano is a good friend of mine and an incredible individual that is making a difference in the lives of young girls all over the country.  Be inspired and please support her effort if this video touches your heart.  You can visit her site here:  http://www.selfesteemforyounggirls.com/

Self Esteem For Your Young Girls

17 Responses to “Self Esteem For Young Girls by Debra Gano”

1. Robert says:

This is great! I’m sending it to my 20 year old daughter so that she might be inspired also.

2. Anke Hettema says:

I was sad not to hear any good news about God in her message.

3. Colleen Kyser says:

Hello…it sounds all warm and wonderful. Unfortunately, I hear no mention of Jesus Christ in her message. The Word tells us Satan can come as an angel of light…he too can give us a feel good message…many have become ensnared in “good gifts”. So in my opinion it is inappropriate for a Christian site to be promoting any one that leaves out the most important element of Jesus Christ. Maybe she is trying to appeal to the masses, but that rings of untruth. Please line up all things to the Word and the message of Jesus Christ. Otherwise I cannot believe this site has been built upon the One true Rock. Blessings.

4. Hello,
    After reading your comments I can empathize with what you are saying absolutely.

Have you listened to the things she doesn’t say? Spiritual authors have to be careful about assigning religion to their book. If they did this, they may not be able to promote their book in schools.

Put yourself in her shoes and listen to her message as it applies to a large majority. This issue is not just confined to the spiritual community and I believe this message wouldn’t reach all the people it could if she “said” those words. As spiritual beings we have the ability to recognize divinity and I do not believe Debra has to state “IT IS GOD, or Jesus Christ that brought me the power to do this” or something similar.

Peace
    Shannon Buckley

5. margaret says:

I ,am believer of Jesus Christ. Every where I go, he is with me. I,m a peson shows love and careing for people. But have,n,t got the ability to speak out to people.

6. lili says:

It is really enlighten me!

7. lili says:

It is really enlighten me!I think the beauty should be from the inside!

8. JOY KRASNASKY says:

The message is very powerful, and I’m greatful that this beautiful women has been inspired to talk to young women about the beauty that God has given them not only externally, but how beautiful they can be inside as well. How quick we are to judge that she didn’t mention give God the Glory – I felt this message that she is giving is God’s Glory! You can’t go through or experience what she has without finding God and her purpopse. I am buying this for my daughters and my granddaughter. You have a powerful message.

God Bless You and when people are pointing a finger at you remember there are four fingers pointing back at you.

9. Tcha says:

I recently had the privilege of attending a mother & daughter tea at Mile High Church that Debra Gano was the special guest speaker of. The room was packed with 300 moms and daughters anxious to hear Debra’s message. I remember her saying God atleast three times during her 2.5 hr talk. Her love, devotion and commitment to God was genuinely conveyed. Many of the kids I work with within my wellness profession would be turned off if they heard Debra speak of God religiously. They want to trust the SOURCE and Creator that lives and shines brilliantly within each of our hearts. That’s the empowering message she brings to all of us through her public forums, videos and award winning book, Beauty’s Secret.

10. maria says:

hi thankyou for this message. although i am not teenage, i felt it like a honey coming from God. my selfesteem is very low

11. BRENDA,P. says:

Everything she said sounds good, but if at this point, she hasn’t found where the real strenght comes from, her words are empty, she needs to found that the real selfesteem and strenght from our “inside” comes only from God, philip. 4:13 , psalms 37:39,46:1 etc,………….going thru those difficult times and dont find the grace of God is so sad…… hope she finds it and spread a real message.

12. Polly says:

This is an important message but I have to agree with so many of the others. Reaching deep inside ourselves is not reaching out to God. Empowering ourselves is impossible except through Christ. The Bible is pretty clear that we DON’T have inner beauty without Him. I think this message, though important, is basically empty. I understand that speaking the specific “words” could prevent the message from being spoken in schools. However, aren’t we told to take the message…? Poor self esteem is a something that, with guidance, can be cultivated into a beautiful meekness & humility that’s pleasing to God. I wonder if a more detailed explanation of the program for the Christian sector would be helpful. If not saying the specific “words” gets her in the door and provides the opportunity, does the next step/phase, outside of the school, become more personal and begin to introduce Christ as the real solution? I’m interested to see what becomes of this. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings… Polly

13. Ryan says:

I feel most every comment here missed this womans point. The very essence of Christ does not need to “bragged on” The heart and light she speaks about is the very essence of Christ. Christ is within. The body should be a temple and in cultivating this temple with the light of Christ within, inner beauty and outer is understood. Enough said.

14. Savannah says:

this is somehting wonerfu that all girls need when they are a young age

15. First, I wanted to say “Thank You” to my good friend Greg Writer, for posting my video on this site. Greg, your Heartlight is truly shining bright and we admire and appreciate the difference YOU are making in this world!

Second, I would also like to say “Thank You” for the wonderful comments and words of support, and to gratefully acknowledge the openness and insight of many of you to truly “see” and “hear” my connection to God, regardless of vocabulary. To be perfectly clear, yes, it is my connection to God that has given me this peace, for as we all know, this is truly the only way to find this peace. The reason I don’t mention this in my video (or my books) is because my goal is to bring this concept to the PUBLIC schools, and this is the only way I can do it (unfortunately). I use the term “Heartlight” instead, which to me means the Light of God (Christ) within all of us,. I prayed about it and I made that choice when writing my book so that I could take this important message into the school systems, my goal is to help ALL children know this peace before they begin to make unwise choices. Many children aren’t blessed to have a parent that teaches them this, and they are often the ones who need this message the most, and the way to reach them is through the schools. Hopefully this will change over time, but in the meantime, we work the system :)

And lastly, I ask those who judged me so strongly to please consider the behavior you are modeling for our youth. By far, one of the biggest problems I see with our youth is that they have been programmed from an early age to JUDGE, both others and themselves, harshly. Whether in the form of sarcasm or criticism, this behavior is learned from today’s media and adults (that’s us!), and causes problems not only within the individual, but within the world in general. Bullying in schools is at dangerous levels, as is depression, eating disorders, and even suicide. Battling the media will take time; but today, in this very instant, WE can change our negative habits to become healthier, more positive role models for our children…and that begins with being less judgmental and more loving, accepting, and forgiving of others, just the way Jesus taught us to be. Together, we CAN make a difference! Remember the power when two or more are gathered…

Many blessings and thank you again for your support! God Bless!

16. eric says:

it hard to see your connection to GOD through our source of strength and salvation, JESUS CHRIST, when your own words attribute this strength to yourself. our only strength comes from JESUS: “I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength,” Philippians 4:13. the first time i watched your video, the page was littered with links to l. ron hubbard, scientology and dianetics, which is a satanic cult that attributes one’s source of strength to themselves, not to JESUS. it was very easy to connect the dots of your words to them. no matter what your motive, a CHRISTIAN should never hide their CHRISTIANITY, for JESUS himself told us: “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels,” Mark 8:38.
    only GOD can judge you, but i can shine a light and am commanded by my FATHER to do so: “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ,” Galatians 1:10