One Nation Under God…by Jon McNaughton

"One Nation Under God."

This simple phrase, added to the pledge of allegiance over 50 years ago has been the source of unbelievable debate and heated controversy. Likewise, the phrase 'In God We Trust' on our currency has been targeted and continues to be attacked as improper and politically incorrect. Lawsuits have been filed and legal minds employed to ascertain whether such statements violate the concept of 'separation of church and state'.

As this debate continues, some so called experts have implied or concluded that our Founding Fathers and Patriots were not religious. These secular champions, in an effort to further their own causes, have even painted these great men and women from our history as being devoid of religious passions or even a belief in God. This is a part of their strategy to remove any discussion of God from the public forum.

These men and women were passionately religious and saw the hand of God all around them. To God they gave Thanks for His Hand in the founding of this great nation. To Him, according to their own testimony they turned for wisdom and strength when life and liberty hung in the balance. Certainly the debate on separation of church and state will continue. But no one can dispute how our Founding Fathers and Patriots felt about God. The record is clear!

'One Nation Under God' is Jon McNaughton's witness and reminder that those who went before us knew from whence their blessings came!

To view the details of this artwork, click on the link below:

80 Responses to “One Nation Under God…by Jon McNaughton”

1. pam says:

I love the painting, but just one thing why aren’t there more people of color. God represents each and everyone of us. Black, Brown, Red, and Yellow.

Thank you.

2. This is beautiful.May we all learn that God is in Control and always will be.If you put in print I would love to have one.May God bless you. Erin

3. Priscilla Kilburn says:

It’s beautiful,very well done…..I believe in One Nation under God..I believe in God and this countrys right to believe in what they want, We don’t condem their Ala or who ever they believe in so let it stand ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

4. maria wennberg says:

Thank you for doing what is on your heart and reminded the rest of us. It is a good thing for us to remember from whom our blessings come and to acknowledge God and be thankful for all we have. It is people like you who made our country great and you are awakening those alive today that they also are called to this greatness. Thank you for your obedience to the Lord and honoring God.

5. Kobena Budu-Acquah says:

“…they that turn many to righteousness are as the stars”.

Angel Network is a star. Jon McNaughton is a star. I am also a star

6. Kobena Budu-Acquah says:

\"…they that turn many to righteousness are as the stars\".

Angel Network is a star. Jon McNaughton is a star. I am also a star

7. maria banks says:

Awesome! Very appropriate to the bible verse quoted.

8. maria banks says:

Awesome! Very appropriate to the bible verse quoted at end…

9. cathie tussing says:

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

10. D'Ann Jacobs says:

Absolutely beautiful painting. A true inspiration to all! Thank you for sharing your talent with the world. God Bless you!

11. Wayne Taylor says:

This is STILL God’s country. WE the people need to start standing up for HIM and this country. Many of our men and women have given their lives for this country not because of war but because of God.

12. Lorie says:

Thank you for doing your best to spread this to the whole world, Angel Network. And, to the artist, what an amazing way to capture the attention and hearts of all Americans!!! I had already received this via email prior to receiving it from you, Angel Network, so I know that many people have already been blessed and informed.

13. how do i get a copy of this photo

14. Lynda L.Simmons says:

What an exceptionall reminder for all to think about one’s roots! My hat is off to you Jon McNaughton. May God bless our world.

15. Mark Mattern says:

I loved it . Please make more of these.If as a nation, we got back to praising God,and counting Him first,all of our problems would disappear.

16. Lynda L.Simmons says:

What an exceptionall reminder for all to think about one\’s roots! My hat is off to you Jon McNaughton. May God bless our world.

17. Tracey West says:

I have never been moved by kind of painting until now, this is beautiful!

18. Carole Minor says:

God bless you, Jon, for this great piece! Truly an inspired work! Thank
    you so much! I have sent it on to my entire contact list!

Sincerely,

Carole Minor

19. I was very inspired by your art and by your gifts that God have blessed you with through Jesus Christ because any good thing or increase always come from and through Him.I would love to share these words of wisdom with you that I’ve used in my own life.There will always be some critics,prejudging people,and negative comments about what someone else choses to do in their own lives so continue to turn all of those unneeded right to their own opinions into positive outcomes like you’ve been doing.You may just even find something else that the critics,prejudging people,and negative comments they have said to go on to accomplished even greater things in your life.At the end of the day all that should matter to you is Two Things: The First One is that God is please with what you have done and He is.The Second One is that you are making a difference in other people lives which is something that we all should be doing in our own personal lives.You don’t have to have everyone liking you,because the truth is they want,and that is apart of life.I support you in what you have done and I pray that God continues to give you the strength to do whatever you find your hands to do.When God is please with your work,Everything your hands find to do He will Blessed…I am a living witness of that and I have testimonies in my own life to those facts.
    My real name is Alicia Thomas

20. Don Kline says:

This is great. Our forefathers ment by separation of church and state, simply that they did not want the state or nation to make manditory any one state or national religion. They had just come from such nations where one state or national religion was the norm. Thus, no freedom of religion or religious thought. Nor should atheism be governed by a state or nation. Your pictures are wonderful. I wish our politicians and judges would quit lying and misrepresenting our forefathers and the constitution.
    Don Kline

21. Wini Chikigak says:

God a “White” man?? Please, I don’t see God as White. I am Native American. Jesus was dark & should be portrayed as such.

22. Marc says:

Do I have to believe in Christ, instead of the God of my understanding?
    If so, then you denigrate those folks who are spiritual, and join ranks with those folks who insist that you believe in their RELIGION or else!And if you are spiritual, why do you place Christ in the center of your illustration over everything???
    Religious fervor is what kills spirituality and sometimes even those who truly believe in an omnipotent supreme power of their understanding; just not yours!
    Which is it?

23. Marc says:

Do I have to believe in Christ, instead of the God of my understanding?
    Think it through- – -

24. Susan says:

What a beautiful piece of art. Thank you for sharing…..One Nation Under God. May we the people embrace the simple truth all things rest in his control.

25. Cass says:

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with us.

26. Elaine Liming says:

This is an amazing work and truely inspired. A copy of this painting should be in every school in our Nation where the Flag is displayed also libraries and Universities, Infact all place where the flag is displayed. In the trouble times we live in we need to be reminded of our history and those who had great hopes for this Nation of ours. We need this kind of motivation.

Thank you this painting. May God continue to inspire you.

27. Cheryl says:

I was going to say “God Bless You Jon McNaughton” But He already has!

28. Judy Danaher says:

I believe in God. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and yours and that he rose from the dead. I believe that this country is in desperate need of our Lord. I believe that I can have eternal life with our God through Jesus Christ. I support this painting. I love this painting. It is inspiring and peaceful and beautiful. Thank you for painting this and spreading God’s word. That through Jesus Christ all will be saved and protected and comforted. This country needs to accept the truth….that this nation UNDER GOD is UNDER GOD and should FIGHT to keep GOD anywhere and everywhere…GOD created the heavens and the earth. Read the Bible. Fight to keep JESUS CHRIST alive in every heart. AMEN.

29. I am very impressed and inspired by your work of art. As the artist stated, his art work explained his thoughts and feelings. Isn’t that what art work is all about? People express themselves through art. It doesn’t matter what other people think, what matters is that you’ve expressed your feelings and emotions through your art work. How people interpret your art work is their problem. As the phrase goes, “One Nation Under God” and the art work explains it well.

30. Kenneth says:

Thank you so much for your heart in reminding all of us of our God! WE NEEDED THAT!

31. lula bowens says:

yes your painting is beautyful but if we are one nation under God then why are there only two black people in this painting

32. Mary Ann says:

What a truly beautiful painting, wth our Lord in the middle, and all of the people from the beginning time to the present…belieing, loving trusting, an lacing their faith in God Almighty !

33. Darlene Heaton says:

Thank you for painting a picture that shows how many Americans feel.
    May God bless America as we turn to Him for our hope in America’s future.

34. Sove Reign says:

Um, that’s not God in the painting … that’s Jesus.

Never-the-less, the painting is beautiful.

35. Lynne says:

So very beautiful and so very true.
    Thank you and God Bless You Always.

36. Ruth McPhate says:

This it truely a beautiful painting and it shows what our country was founded on and I believe we should thank God for being the biggest part of our country and not try to push Him out of it I belive we should put prayer back in everything we do. I thank you for this inspiring painting. May God always bless you .

37. S.L. Dawson says:

Dear Jon, Thank You for allowing God to use your gift in this wonderful way! May it inspire many to put Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, always First, that is how we will be blessed!

38. Sandy says:

This is truly great, The different people that represent so many and yet we are all Gods Children. We are One Nation under God, and yet there is but One God who is over the world and loves each and every one of us. We are all his children and we truly need to bow down on our knees daily and pray for each and every one and Thank Him constantly for every blessing we have. He deserves every hand upward in the air praising him. This beautiful painting is another blessing God has bestowed upon us, for he has guided the hand that painted it. I just want to say Thank you to God and to you for obeying what God had laid on your heart, you are blessed.

39. Maurice says:

the painting iz wonderful, beautiful, peaceful, graceful and well done. the only thing i would like to add iz that the bible sayz men are not to wear their hair long, and Jesus haz hair like lamb’s wool, so in the painting, it would be nice to see a more accurate account, where Jesus’ hair would be much shorter and i would like to see hiz skin color to be a bronze color, like it sayz in the bible. the message iz what iz important, and i love the artwork. but it iz also important to be accurate, according to the bible, when it comes to letting people know what the image of God, Jesus really lookz like. great artwork though. but i would like to see another verzion with the correctionz from the account that the bible, the good book gives to our people. 1 love

maurice-mo (in New York City)

40. Dot says:

Beautifful! Yes God is in control, may we never forget that.

41. Jo Otero says:

I would like to add, “All nations under God”. A copy should be sent to every head of state throughout the world. God bless Jon and his God-inspired work.
    Jo Otero UK

42. RELIGIOUS POLITICING
    Although I believe
    In my Christianity
    I don’t need politicians
    Telling me what to believe

We are supposed to be different
    Then the ones in the Middle East
    Their lives are run by spiritual leaders
    To include all, is what we have to be

The people who run our nation
    Are to serve all those who exist
    Everyone views are put into this pot
    And one religion is not part of this

We are a nation of many
    The constitution is our law
    Keep religion in the life you live
    But don’t force yours on us all

I believe we all need God
    We all have different ways to pray
    Religious leaders should worry about saving souls
    And stay out of the political fray

The one I follow
    Never wanted political might
    He was here to teach you
    How to live you life
    So be on guard, the powerful
    For your own self acclaim
    Remember He knows your heart
    When He calls your name

43. Mary Clark says:

The music, your voice and THE PAINTING, brought tears to my eyes. Remembering all that we have gone through to have this great Nation and to see where we seem to be going. Taking prayer and The Pledge to The Flag out of our schools seems that we have no respect anymore for much of anything. The Lord gave us the wonderful opportunity to carry on. We pray that His way will continue.
    The painting is beautiful and inspiring. Thanking you for sharing it through e-mail.

44. Loretta says:

Dear Friends !
    I want to Thank you so much for this awsome pray and picture …
    is beautiful . I sure injoy it very much …
    GOD BLESS YOU and keep it going …..

THANKS LORETTA.

45. MILDRED FERRELL says:

VERY BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING! YOU HAVE EXPRESSED IN THIS PAINTING MORE THAN THE GREAT WORDS OF THOSE PORTRAYED HAVE
    SPOKEN OR WRITTEN! I PRAY THIS COUNTRY WILL ALWAYS BE ONE
    NATION UNDER GOD, ANDNOT BE “SOLD DOWN THE RIVER” BY SOME OF
    OUR ELECTED LEADERS WHO APPEAR TO THINK THEY ARE GODS
    THEMSELVES!

46. MILDRED FERRELL says:

THANKS FOR EXPRESSING IN THIS PAINTING THE WORDS AND DEEDS
    OF OUR GREAT LEADERS OF THE PAST. iT PORTRAYS HOW THIS
    COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, AS ONLY GOD CAN
    PROTECT. MAY EVERYONE WHO SEES IT BE INSPIRED TO LIVE THEIR
    LIVES ON THESE GREAT PRINCIPLES, AND ELECT LEADERS TO REPRE-
    SENT THEM WHO ALSO ESPOUSE THESE PRINCIPLES.

47. Teresa Dweck says:

Wow Wow Wow..What a blessing this painting is! Wish this could be printed for many people to display in their homes. I would love to have a print.

48. Jo Ann Beier says:

I too think your artistry is great. However, the part I really like is the part where you tell the real story, the reason America was founded, because the first to come here wanted a better life than they had and they wanted to honor God.
    Thank you for making this painting and stating your beliefs.
    If you make the painting available to others, I would also be interested in receiving one.
    Jo

49. Raj says:

The painting, the music and the presentation are absolutely inspiring, I am a practising Hindu, and my Faith teaches me that there is One Supreme Being, call Him by any name or reach out to Him in your own way, because all Faiths ultimately lead to Him only.

Let the agnostics and atheists remember that God and Religion could not even be supressed in totalitarian regimes, and God and His believers are now flourishing in these countries.

We need God more than ever in these difficult times.

50. S.S.Daniel says:

I just loved this painting and also the message which was said, I give a hearty congratulation to the painter, and may he be inspired to do more.
    May the Lord be with you.